Best Foil Shaver: The introduction of the foil shaver was as a refinement of the original electric shaver that was introduced by Jacob Schick. The first company to use the micro foil was Remington. It was a very thin and perforated metal screen that covered the blades and highly improve comfort during use. Some of the best foil shavers are:
Best Foil Shaver
The series 9 is one of the best and most comfortable shaver one can buy today, the performance difference between it and series 7 can’t justify the premium price of Series 9. However, series 7 too is a good option as well. The price of series 9 has dropped significantly lately and it is now a very good option. However, the price of the Series 9 has seen a significant drop lately and it now represents an attractive option.
Features of Best Foil Shavers (Braun Series 9 and Braun Series 7)
The Braun Series 9 9095Cc and Braun Series 7 799cc-7 are one of the best foil shavers made in Germany, and always come in an attractive dark grey and charcoal casing, with a cleaning unit. They are characterised as one of the best shavers at the moment due to its great features which are:
- These shavers come with a 5action alcohol based, charge and clean station that comes with the dry and wet Braun series 7799cc Shaver, cleans, dries and lubricates it shaver head with just a touch of a button. The cleaning system which contains an alcohol cleaning fluid eliminates about 99.99 percent of germs, rendering the device extremely hygienic for our use.
- The incredibility of the head of the shaver for men can help remove facial hair from the most problematic corners of the face. The electric shaver has no cable attached to it and has 4 cutting elements on the foil head and a direct cut trimmer. The trimmer and the foils are mounted on a pivoting head which is enhanced with micro motion.
- They have a senero-sonic head which uses sonic technology. This technology refers to the 10,000 micro vibrations per minute.
- These electric shavers have no cable attached to it. It has 4 cutting elements on the foil head and a direct cut trimmer.
- They have a great water proof feature which enables it to be used in the shower.
Pros of Best foil Shavers
- Foil shavers are different in the way they operate from shavers that rotate, but can still obtain excellent results. These differences between foil shaver and rotary shavers leads to specific advantages in both cases hence making them more or less suitable for a particular use.
- Foil shavers are better suited for sensitive skin, foil shavers work better with sensitive skins than rotary shavers. This statement is generally accepted in the electric shaving community.
- Foil shavers are easier to clean manually.
- Cleaning most foil shavers is very easy doing them manually. This is just by applying liquid soap and rinsing them with hot tap water.
- Powerful Sonic Technology: they mostly have a powerful sonic technology which enables it to have 10,000 vibrations per minute hence, gives you a good shave with fewer strokes and no irritation.
Best Foil Shaver
#01-SweetLF 3D Rechargeable 100% Waterproof IPX7 Electric Shaver Wet & Dry Rotary Shavers for Men Electric Shaving Razors with Pop-up Trimmer, Blue
- USB QUICK-CHARGING & LED DISPLAY- Enjoy up to about 120 minutes of shaving (or approximately 30 full shaves). The shaver only requires 1 hour to charge and is very convenient for your daily and for travel. There is also a visible 5 level battery remaining indicator guage on the razor so you can quickly see exactly how much power you have left before needing to charge
- A SMOOTH AND CLOSE SHAVE - With 4-direction floating heads, the 3D rotary shaver automatically adapts to the contours of the face, neck and even the jaw, and provides a comfortable and close shave everytime
- POP-UP TRIMMER & ONE TOUCH OPEN - Skin-friendly and convenient pop-up beard trimmer easily trims sideburns, moustache and any facial hairstyle. It also features an easy one-touch open tab to quickly trim unwanted facial hair
- WET AND DRY & FULL WATERPROOF - The IPX7 body is waterproof and allows you to use the electric shaver whether wet or dry including even in the shower. It easily adapts to either shaving foam or gel for a better and closer shaving experience
- QUIET HIGH SPEED MOTOR - The premium quality motor is not only efficient but quiet as well so you can enjoy every moment shaving
#02-Remington F5-5800 Foil Shaver, Men’s Electric Razor, Electric Shaver, Black
- Intercept Shaving Technology- Pre-trims longer hairs
- Pivot & Flex Foil Technology- Stays close to skin for smooth results
- Rechargeable Battery- 60 minutes of cordless runtime
- Pop-up Detail Trimmer- For finishing touches on your facial hair and sideburns
- Easy to Clean- Washable under the faucet. Charging time - 2 hours
#03-Panasonic Electric Shaver and Trimmer for Men, ES8243A ARC4, Wet/Dry with 4 Blades and Flexible Pivoting Head
- Sharp Men's Shaver Blades: Panasonic ARC4 men's electric shaver with four ultra-sharp precision-honed 30° Nanotech blades and ultra-thin ARC foil follow facial contours for a quick, close and comfortable shave. The charging time is 1 hour and the shaves per charge (3min/1 shave) is approximately 14 shaves
- Wet/Dry Electric Shaver and Trimmer 2 in 1: Built-in pop-up trimmer details mustaches, beards and sideburns; Wet/dry waterproof shaver allows for convenient shaving in or out of the shower
- Flexible Pivoting Head: Panasonic flexible pivoting electric shaver head glides effortlessly to trace the individual contours of face, chin, neck and jaw; Built-in shaving sensor monitors differences in beard density and automatically adjusts cutting power for exceptional comfort
- High-performance Motor with a Linear Drive: This Panasonic shaver is equipped with a linear motor which delivers 13,000 cuts per minute and maintains peak power up to the end of every battery charge
- LCD Battery Indicator: The shaver's 10-stage LCD shows battery status at a glance; Rechargeable, portable and travel friendly. Power source 100 to 240 volt ac, 50 to 60 hertz. Motor voltage is 3.6 volt dc. Charging time is 1 hour
Cons of Best Foil Shavers
- Foil shavers produce noise during shaving as compared to rotary and manual shavers. It will not be good to use them if you want to shave in a calm environment.
- They are more prone to making small nicks on your skin, leading to razor bumps acne especially when shaving without using a cream.
- They need electrical power unlike the manual shavers which need no power. They are also more expensive as compared to other shavers.
When we analyse the features, advantages and disadvantages of Foil shavers, we notice that they are one of the best shavers at the moment especially with their wonderful features. They are highly recommended nowadays and most people find it very exciting using them. After reading this article, you’ll have a clearer picture of what makes a particular foil razor more suitable than others for a given situation.